Saturday, March 21, 2009

How God Works

God has blessed me so much! So how can I give back to him in return....A few weeks ago at church I felt God tugging at me to use my sewing as a resource to minister to others. My business is steady and I have time to throw together a dress here or there out of inexpensive fabric. The problem was....where do I send these dresses...who could use these....

So Friday after I picked up sweet cuddly girl from school I saw a sign for an estate sale. I thought I'd go check it out and see what was there....you never know what you might find. Well I recognized the vehicle in the yard and knew I had to go in and say hi! As we were talking, she asked if I had gotten an email from someone about sundresses. I said YES I can help! Problem is she needed them by Sunday. She was going overseas to visit a relative and wanted to take some sundresses to the girls in the neighborhood. She won't be there long so I'll have to find someone else to ship them to but I now have someone to send them to.

I went home and went through my inventory. I found 2 dresses that I had made that I knew wouldn't sell and a few of sweet cuddly girls dresses. It felt good to give away some of my hard work knowing that it might bless a child.

Needless to say if I wouldn't have seen that sign I would have never had this opportunity.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yah! That's great!

Tell me the story later.