Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread Houses



























Sunday after church we came home and made gingerbread houses. Before you think that I'm super mom just know that these are store bought kits from Walmart. If you haven't tried doing this with a 3 yr old and 6 yr old you should try it. L did great with his....it actually stayed together. I can't say the same for A's. It ended up in a heap of cookie and candy. All she wanted to do was lick the icing anyway. This will probably become one of our traditions...yes we like messy!!

4 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

What a fun tradition!

Amber said...

That is one fantastic gingerbread house! WOW!!!

Those put ours to shame...we just do the graham cracker kind...I like yours better!!! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love those kits!

You guys did a great job!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on that old post...that was a heck of an experience. But so was the one we had there. Two in a row just about did me in. I refer to myself as a "recovering" pastor's wife. ;)

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

We've been there! One of our traditions is to decorate gingerbread houses. A couple of years ago, I waited too long, and couldn't find the pre-assembled ones that we usually get, so I got the do-it-yourself kit, and it was not a pretty scene! Needless to say, I make it a point to shop earlier now so that we always snag the pre-assembled little guys! :)